Getting fit is one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions, and there is an increasing number of men and women wanting to make health their top priority for 2021. The experts and physicians at Florida’s Weight Success Centers, LLC have compiled 21 expert tips for getting fit and feeling great in 2021.
1. Start by scheduling an annual wellness exam. Monitoring your BMI, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels can lead to improved heart health and extend your life by years.
2. Set specific goals for taking control of your health, such as losing weight, eating better, increasing muscle mass, or feeling more energetic.
3. Consult with your physician or weight-loss doctor regarding simple ways to improve your health. For example, Weight Success Centers offers guided support to get patients off to the right start.
4. Try to get at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night. In addition to providing energy, this will help your body heal through reduced activity, decreased respiration, and lowered blood pressure.
5. Stay hydrated by drinking 0.5 oz. to 1 oz. of water for each pound you weigh. That would be 75 oz. to 150 oz. of water for a 150-pound woman.
6. Commit to daily exercise. That does not have to mean an intense aerobic workout, but it should include 20 to 30 minutes each day of light to moderate activity.
7. Enjoy a 20-minute walk in the morning or in the evening to clear your mind and move your body. Small steps like this could help you achieve big results in the long run.
8. Take time to breath. Start with deep breathing in through your nose, hold the breath for 5 to 10 seconds, and release very slowly through your mouth. Do this 10 times to relax.
9. Add 20 minutes of meditation to your daily routine to destress and unwind. Meditation, yoga, or visualization exercises can help you achieve peace of mind and control blood pressure
10. Consider a new hobby that involves movement. Choose anything from bowling, to golf, to tennis.
11. Kick off the year by kicking out “bad” foods, such as sugars, salts, sodas, trans-fats, or fried foods.
12. Indulge in new recipes that feature nutritious and delicious vegetables, leafy greens, healthy oils, exotic herbs, and spices.
13. Choose lean proteins and juicy meat-alternatives, such as veggie burgers. Plant proteins including seeds, nuts, and beans are a tasty way to boost your energy and nourish your body.
14. Boost stamina with protein-packed snacks like Greek yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, or plant proteins.
15. Stimulate your digestion with high-fiber foods like asparagus, broccoli, green beans, and greens.
16. Spice up your life with peppers containing capsaicin to ignite energy and boost metabolism.
17. Consider a medically supervised weight-loss program with a customized diet plan and exercise plan.
18. Ask the weight-loss doctors at Weight Success Centers about guided nutritional support and medical recommendations for achieving other goals, such as increased stamina or vitality.
19. Get your hormone levels checked. A hormonal imbalance can cause fatigue, insomnia, depression, low sex drive, and weight loss struggles.
20. If hormonal imbalance is an issue, ask Weight Success Centers about combining your exercise and diet plan with Bioidentical Hormone Therapy (BHT) to restore or balance hormone levels.
21. Feel great on the inside and look great on the outside by contacting our experts for nutritional healing, weight loss plans, skincare treatments, aesthetics, hair restoration, or hormone therapies.
Happy New Year! How will you achieve your best health in 2021? Join the conversation on Weight Success Centers’ social media sites.