From butternut squash soups to scrumptious pumpkin treats, fall is prime time for foodies. Festival season is in full swing, with everything from local harvest events to large Oktoberfests. Here are a few tasty recommendations for 2018 food festivals to enjoy this autumn:
Flavor Fall Festival
- National Apple Harvest Festival, 10/6 -10/7 and 10/13 – 10/14, Biglerville, PA: This food and music festival is celebrated annually during the first two weekends of October in Pennsylvania’s apple country, near historic Gettysburg. Rain or shine for over 50 years, the National Apple Harvest Festival has delighted attendees with music, orchard tours, contests, food stands, crafts, and appearances by the Pennsylvania Apple Queen. Visit www.appleharvest.com.
- Fall for Greenville, 10/12 – 10/14, Greenville, SC: Celebrated as one South Carolina’s largest festivals, this fall-themed event delights attendees with delicious food from top restaurants and vendors, tastings, cooking demos, plus live music on multiple stages. Visit www.fallforgreenville.net for event schedules and tickets. Plan a day trip to enjoy the fall foliage found in the foothills and the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Wellfleet OysterFest, 10/13 – 10/14, Wellfeet, MA: If you’re from the New England area, you might have a hankering for plump shellfish rather than pumpkins this fall. The best place to satisfy this craving is the Wellfleet OysterFest. It features an array of competitions, events, oysters, clams, chowders, and local delicacies. Wellfleet SPAT (Shellfish Promotion and Tasting), a non-profit organization, works with volunteers and local businesses to host this annual event. Visit www.wellfleetspat.org.
- Arkansas Cornbread Festival, 10/27, Little Rock, AK: Cornbread, community, music, and fun! Enjoy the Arkansas Cornbread Festival on the final Saturday of October, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., for a sampling of southern cornbread combined with music, entertainment, contests, and activities for children. Professional chefs and home cooks alike can enter a range of categories for the cornbread competition. Visit www.arkansascornbreadfestival.com.
- Oktoberfest, 9/22 – 10/7, Munich, Germany: Oktoberfest is a multi-week celebration dating back centuries. If you can’t make it to the fairgrounds and beer halls in the heart of Germany, you’ll find countless festivals across America sponsored by German clubs, restaurants, and local businesses throughout September and October. The largest annual Oktoberfest in America is claimed to be Oktoberfest Zinzinnati, held 9/21-9/23 in Cincinnati, OH. Check your local listings to find an upcoming Oktoberfest near you.
Go enjoy Fall!
Are you ready to fall in love with new food samplings this festival season? We couldn’t possibly list all of the festivals, pumpkin patches, fresh markets, and apple orchards for enjoying this fall. We guarantee there is something good brewing near you. Call us today!
Share photos from international food festivals and Oktoberfests with us on Twitter or Facebook this fall. Eat well, live long, and travel far!