Summer is a popular season for setting weight loss goals, but there is more to weight loss than just diet and exercise. Another important part of balancing a healthy weight is achieving a balance in hormones.
Hormonal Issues and Your Weight
Men and women around the Greater Tampa Bay Area are strenuously exercising and eating healthy meals in hopes of decreasing belly fat or increasing muscle mass. Some of their efforts may be hindered, however, if they do not realize their need to balance or restore testosterone and estrogen levels.
Common hormonal issues hindering weight loss for women and men include:
- Physical Changes: Menopause or Andropause can cause physical changes in your body, including decreased bone mass, loss of muscle mass, increased fat deposits, and excess body fat in the waist area. These issues can have a direct effect on weight loss and fitness plans.
- Mood Changes: General malaise, irritability, mood swings, and clinical depression can often be linked to hormonal imbalances. These issues may affect your metabolism as well as your diet choices and ability to stick to a healthy exercise plan.
- Less Sex: A low sex drive or sexual dysfunction (such as ED) may be associated to hormone balance. We certainly do not need to list the mental and physical benefits of a healthy sex life, but one benefit is that sex is a blood-pumping, calorie-burning activity for physical health.
- Fatigue: Tiredness, brain fog, and chronic fatigue can occur when your hormones are off balance, which means you may be lackadaisical and too tired for daily exercise, which is essential for weight loss and weight management.
- Insomnia: Depletion of hormones may have a drastic effect on sleep cycles. The effects of sleep loss include severe tiredness, lack of energy, and confusion, which can all lead to a lack of exercise and poor nutritional decisions hindering your weight loss goals.
Hormone Therapy for Weight Loss
One of the most effective solutions is Bioidentical Hormone Therapy (BHT), which is different than synthetic hormone replacements and other therapies. BHT uses hormones that are identical to the hormones produced by your own body. Weight Success Centers is a certified provider of BioTE, a subcutaneous pellet type of BHT.
Depending on your gender and your unique goals, pellets may be administered every three to five months. As with any weight loss supplement or medical treatment, results and benefits vary depending on each individual.
If you are ready to leverage the power of products that eradicate fat deposits and help you in achieving fitness goals, contact the physicians and experts at Weight Success Centers in Florida.
How do you keep fit and balanced? Have certain treatments or plans worked for you? Tell us your success story on Weight Success Centers’ social media sites. If you are ready to begin your journey to wellness, contact Weight Success Centers for a consultation.