Did you know that enjoying certain foods could result in a better love life? Love enhancing foods may sound farfetched, but men and women around the world have been benefiting from aphrodisiac foods for centuries. In honor of Valentine’s Day this February, the Tampa-based physicians at Weight Success Centers, LLC are explaining how some nutrient-rich foods could help you boost desire or increase libido.
Aphrodisiacs and Nutrients to Set the Mood
Maintaining a healthy heart and hormone balancing therapies are among the top solutions for a healthy sex life, but what you eat may also play a role. Here are seven suggestions to perk-up your love life.
- Dark Chocolate: Chocolate is the quintessential Valentine’s Day gift. A mood-boosting serving of dark chocolate could encourage excitement by increasing serotonin levels in the brain.
- Oysters: A well-known aphrodisiac is the oyster, which is a nutritional powerhouse with protein and mega doses of energy enhancing vitamins and minerals including iron, zinc, and vitamin B-12 among many others. Studies show the amino acids in oysters can actually trigger production of sex hormones.
- Maca: Touted as “Nature’s Viagra,” Maca is radish-like root vegetable rich in amino acids, calcium, phosphorous, zinc, magnesium, and iron. As a tonic or herbal medicine, Maca supports endocrine glands, hormones, energy levels, and the nervous system. Maca has been shown to increase sex drive and improve fertility in men, while women report Maca helps alleviate symptoms associated with menstrual cycles and menopause.
- Watermelon: In recent years, watermelon has also become a popular source of amino acids capable of affecting blood vessels, similar to Viagra.
- Avocado: This superfood has been viewed as an aphrodisiac since Aztec times because of its testicular shape hanging in pairs from trees. Luscious, creamy avocados couple healthy fats with heart-healthy minerals and vitamins, including vitamin E to enhance energy.
- Coffee or Tea: Rather than a nutrient boost, coffee and tea could provide a nice dose of caffeine. As a stimulus, coffee or tea could promote extra energy for adult activities.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Healthy foods rich in the calming and relaxing mineral magnesium, such as seeds and nuts, could help lower anxiety and put you in the mood for love.
Hormonal Balance and Medical Solutions
A low sex drive or sexual dysfunction (such as ED) may be associated to hormonal balance. Often, one of the most effective solutions for diagnosed hormonal issues is Bioidentical Hormone Therapy (BHT). As with any supplement or medical treatment, results and benefits vary depending on each individual.
Based in Tampa, Florida, Weight Success Centers can provide more information to help men and women to find a healthy balance in life. Consult with your doctor or contact the experts and physicians at Weight Success Centers for individualized recommendations, evaluations, and effective solutions.
What foods will you incorporate into your Valentine’s dinner? Tell us your recipes for romantic dishes on Weight Success Centers’ social media sites. If you are ready to begin your journey to wellness, contact Weight Success Centers for a consultation.