This year’s annual June observance of Men’s Health Month matters more than ever. With COVID-19 and changes to daily routines, more men will need to make health a top priority.
Certain “tough guys” are known for ignoring signs and symptoms of health issues. Now, with social distancing, closures, and reduced services around the Tampa Bay area, many men have put off medical attention even longer than usual. At Tampa-based Weight Success Centers, our experts and physicians are offering men a few easy ways to boost health, immunity, and vitality now and in the future.
How Tampa Bay Men Maintain Good Health
Here are seven lifestyle tips for better health. Remember, it is always important to consult a doctor before starting any new diet regime, exercise routine, or programs for hormone therapy.
- Fire up the grill. Guys, we know you love it, and summer is the perfect time to prepare flavorful sandwiches and healthy dishes using lean meats, seafood, veggies, and fruits.
- Limit fats, sugars, and salts in your diet. Not only will this help you lose weight, but a healthier diet can also boost your immune system and help you avoid feeling rundown.
- Pick better proteins and meat alternatives. Plant proteins including seeds, nuts, and beans are a tasty way to boost your energy and nourish your body without meat.
- Commit to regular physical activity. Add a 20-minute walk to your daily routine. For cardio workouts or weightlifting, consult a physician or expert to advise on intensity.
- Practice meditation. Start with deep breathing in through your nose, hold the breath for 5 to 10 seconds, and release very slowly through your mouth. Do this 10 times to relax.
- Get enough sleep. For most men, getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night will help your body heal through reduced activity, decreased respiration, and lowered blood pressure.
- Schedule an annual wellness exam. Monitoring your BMI, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels can lead to improved heart health and extend your life by years.
Men’s Health and Balancing Hormones
Put simply, small steps can put you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. If you find these steps difficult to take on your own, consider consulting a physician or weight loss doctor at Weight Success Centers for a medically supervised weight-loss program.
Many men could also benefit from hormone balance therapies for age-related issues. The team at Weight Success Centers has helped men across Central Florida achieve success with hormone balance therapies to help restore testosterone levels, combat hair loss, strengthen muscle mass, improve sex drive, maintain weight, and improve overall health.
Celebrate Father’s Day by sharing these and other healthy tips on social media. Call the Weight Success Centers to schedule a consultation.