It is back-to-school time around the Greater Tampa Bay Area, which means on-the-go snacks are essential for many families rushing around town. Whether you have children with a long list of to-dos, or your personal calendar has you eating on the run, here are nutritious snacking tips from the experts at Florida-based Weight Success Centers LLC.
Healthy Snacks and On-the-Go Food Ideas
- Plan and Pack Ahead: Fast food and junk foods are tempting, but those fatty, sugary foods often deplete energy. Plan to ensure fruits, veggies, and protein-rich foods are easily accessible for your family at all times. Wash, chop, and pack servings in small containers for quick access.
- Be Creative with Carrots: Consider easy-to-tote, vitamin-rich veggies like carrots. Pour a small amount dressing in the bottom of a mason jar, and then add carrot sticks with the tips in the dressing. Simply store jars in the refrigerator for a grab-and-go snack.
- Get a Vitamin Boost: Skip the dishes and utensils when snacking. Enjoy the nutritional benefits of apples, bananas, oranges, or a bag of bitesize strawberries, blueberries, or cherries.
- Pack the Protein: Greek yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, and lean meats are excellent choices for snacking and packed lunches. You can also easily tote plant proteins like seeds and nuts.
- Don’t Forget Fiber: Choose healthy, filling foods to enhance digestion. High-fiber foods can help heal the digestive tract when traveling or under stress. Healthy choices include asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, or soy snacks.
- Choose Hydrating Foods: We often think we are hungry when we are actually in need of water. So, in addition to drinking water, enjoy water-rich foods like carrots, eggplant, celery, watermelon, or cucumbers.
- Stash a Shake or Bar: Protein bars and shakes are excellent for stashing in your purse or car. Easily eat them with one hand, appease your appetite, and fuel your energy for a busy day.
- Make Smart Stops: If your family is on the road, going from one activity to the next, then you may have to resort to stopping by a convenience store. Choose wisely, such as a bag of raw almonds or other healthy nuts opposed to a bag of chips with empty calories.
We hope these tips help you enjoy healthy and delicious snacks. The physicians and experts at Weight Success Centers are happy to provide more information about weight loss plans, healthy living, and medical solutions for maintaining good health. Contact us today to take your first step to better health!
What are your favorite, healthy, easy-to-tote snacks? Join the conversation on Weight Success Centers’ social media sites and find more great tips to share with your friends and families.