Fall is a wonderful season, but hectic schedules and the end of daylight saving time can have a drastic effect on our sleep patterns. For some, falling back one hour is no big deal. Although for women and men with hormonal issues, sleep disruption due to the fall time-change could knock you off your feet.
5 Tips for Healthy Sleep and Balanced Hormones
Insomnia, anxiety, night sweats, and other hormonal imbalance symptoms can leave you run down and feeling fatigued. To boost your vitality and balance your health, here are simple lifestyle tips from the physicians at Weight Success Centers.
- Don’t Force your Body to Stay Up Late. Rather than adhering to the turned back clock, use the extra hour for more sleep. Sleep is your body’s chance to heal. Reduced activity during sleep allows blood pressure and respiration to decrease, while digestion and cell repair increase. Always aim to get the recommended 7-9 hours per night.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet. Eat a satisfying and nutritional diet during the day, but avoid large meals right before bed, which may hinder sleep. Also, avoid excessive water right before bedtime, but be sure to stay hydrated with water throughout the day for proper hydration. Limit caffeine and alcohol in the evenings because they could stimulate the body.
- Enjoy Deep Relaxation. Take the extra hour to meditate, read, listen to gentle music, or enjoy a warm bath before bedtime to achieve peacefulness (it’s almost as good as sleep). Close the blinds, dim your lights, and turn off other light sources to optimize restful conditions.
- Participate in More Activities. Commit to some physical activity during your day to support your body’s desire for sleep. Increasing physical activity during the day can also expel energy and alleviate stress. Fall is a wonderful time for outdoor adventures and exercise. Using the extra hour in the morning or evening to walk, run, or workout can add extra years to your life.
- Find Balance with Bioidentical Hormone Therapy (BHT): Weight Success Centers, LLC in Tampa is a certified provider of BioTE, a subcutaneous pellet type of BHT. In contrast to synthetic hormone replacements and therapies, BHT uses hormones that are identical to the hormones your body already produces. The pure hormone pellets dissolve completely and produce no byproducts. Pellets are typically only administered every 3 to 5 months depending on individual needs.
As with any plan or treatment – results and benefits will vary. Contact the physicians at Weight Success Centers for individualized information about hormone balance, wellness, and medical solutions.
How do you balance your life and achieve better sleep? Share your story and join the conversation on Weight Success Centers’ social media sites. If you are ready to begin your journey to wellness, contact Weight Success Centers for a consultation.