At Florida-based Weight Success Centers, LLC and Tampa Aesthetics, our physicians and experts often tout the immune-boosting benefits of exercise, nutritious foods, and proper skincare.
Although serving as a first line of defense is handwashing, which can help you avoid colds, flus, and other illnesses.
In recognition of National Handwashing Awareness Week, celebrated Dec. 1-7, our Florida experts have compiled a few tips for handwashing and skincare. With the busy holiday season in full swing, now is a perfect time for this refresher course on infection prevention.
5 Helpful Tips for Washing Your Hands
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) emphasizes that clean hands are essential for avoiding exposure to germs and COVID-19. Here are helpful tips for washing your hands:
1. Completely wet your hands with clean water. Warm running water is ideal, but cold water is fine if you follow proper handwashing techniques.
2. Apply soap and rub hands vigorously for at least 20 seconds. You may want to count, recite the alphabet, say a prayer, or sing the “Happy Birthday” song two times to pass the time.
3. Be sure to create a soapy lather all around the front and back of your hands, in between your fingers, and even under your nails.
4. Rinse all of the soap off of your hands with clean water. Dry hands with a clean towel, a paper towel, or allow to air dry without touch anything.
5. Turn off the faucet using your elbow or a towel to prevent recontamination. Also, if using a public restroom, use a paper towel or tissue to open the exit door upon leaving.
Other Ways to Prevent the Spread of Germs
If soap and water is not available, the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer is effective in killing germs. Be sure to apply it liberally and allow hand sanitizer to dry on your hands. In other words, don’t rinse or wipe it off your hands. Much like handwashing, it is important to apply the product all over the front and back of hands and fingers for full coverage.
Solutions to Heal Dry and Cracked Skin
As skin care experts, our aesthetics team is aware that many Floridians are experiencing dry hands and cracked skin due to stringent handwashing, antibacterial soaps, and hand sanitizers. Much like our faces, we need to care for our hands with the right moisturizers designed for your skin type. Hydrating your hands with high-quality moisturizers, lotions, eczema creams, medications, or treatments could be your formula for success. Simply ask our experts for recommendations on product options, frequency of use, and the best time of day for application.
The physicians and experts at Weight Success Centers, LLC and Tampa Aesthetics are happy to provide more information about healthy living. Contact us today to discuss more tips and medical solutions.
Lend a helping hand by sharing handwashing and moisturizing tips. Join the conversation today on Weight Success Centers’ social media sites.