Wishing someone good health is one of the best ways to show your love. Couples could show their love this Valentine’s Day by igniting the flame for fitness and good health. Initiating a commitment to lose weight together might be the spark you need for a healthier relationship.
Wellness and Fitness Strategies for Healthy Relationships
Couples often gain weight together, which is why it could make perfect sense for the two of you to agree on a plan for losing weight together. Consider these simple strategies for a couple’s slimdown.
1) Rather than starting a crazy fad diet or a quick fix by yourself, cultivate a healthier lifestyle for you and your partner. View this as a step in your relationship toward a longer life together.
2) Help each other prevent unnecessary weight gain, such as not bringing tempting treats or junk foods into the house. One of the keys to weight management is avoiding temptation.
3) Prepare healthy meals together at home with nutritious vegetables, fruits, lean meats, beans, nuts, seeds, and whole grains. Support each other in limiting alcohol, soda, salts, and sugars.
4) Don’t sabotage the weight-loss process with fast food. Instead, suggest and choose healthy restaurants and fresh markets for takeout. This will help you both maintain a nutritious diet.
5) Agree to disagree on what is for dinner. Eating the same thing as your partner is not always best for you. Consult with a physician from Weight Success Centers for your customized meal plans.
6) Instead of simply dining out or watching a movie for date night, add some sort of couple’s activity to your entertainment schedule, such as bowling, golf, tennis, or shooting pool.
7) Be the motivator for getting up and moving. Perhaps this means you suggest a 20-minute walk after dinner or other forms of exercise that the two of you enjoy.
8) Consider a bit of friendly competition as a motivator. Perhaps compete by tallying who can go the farther distance on the treadmill each day. Use a tracker to count miles or calories burned.
9) Be workout buddies. Depending on your fitness levels, begin new cardio workouts or strength training together. Consider the help of a physical trainer for customized couples’ exercises.
10) Support each other in this commitment to wellness. When one is down, lift the other one up. This will help maintain your weight loss, increase vitality, and support your success as a couple.
Partner with Florida Physicians at Weight Success Centers
Losing weight can be difficult, which is why a partner can be helpful with accountability and achieving goals. At Weight Success Centers, we like to think of ourselves as your partners for success. A medically supervised weight-loss program can improve a person’s ability to lose weight. As the patient, you receive focused care from the very beginning, and the customized diet and exercise plan is designed for your specific needs and goals.
Contact the physicians and experts at Weight Success Centers for more information. As with any weight loss plan, supplement, or medical treatment, results and benefits vary depending on each individual.
How will you keep your Valentine healthy this year? Have you had success in losing weight with a partner? Tell us your success story on Weight Success Centers’ social media sites. If you are ready to begin your journey to wellness, contact Weight Success Centers for a consultation.