Chances are, you’ve probably heard the term medical weight loss— but really, what’s medical weight loss all about? Is it just medication? Will you be stuck in a laboratory? There are a lot of questions out there, so we wanted to offer some answers to help you make an informed choice.
Here are some of our most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Medical Weight Loss:
- What’s involved in Medical Weight Loss? Medical weight loss is an umbrella term for a medically-supervised weight loss plan, which typically involves diet/nutrition, fitness, and cultivating healthy habits.
- Where can I try it? There are Medical Weight Loss centers all over the world, so you have a lot of options. But methods and specialties vary, so do some research before committing to a program. That way you can be sure your goals and needs line up with what the program focuses on.
- Will the doctor run any special tests? Tests run in Medical Weight Loss centers may vary according to methodology, but typically include metabolic testing, general medical testing, and psychological/emotional monitoring
- What’s the goal of Medical Weight Loss? Medical Weight Loss—like commercial programs—are focused on helping people meet their weight loss goals.
- How is Medical Weight Loss different from a commercial weight loss program? Medical Weight Loss tends to be individualized, according to each person’s goals. And because of the medical supervision and the consideration of things like lifestyle, emotions, etc., Medical Weight Loss is generally considered to be a more holistic approach.
- What kind of results can I expect? Although results vary, Medical Weight Loss may be more effective than a commercial weight loss plan (you can talk to the doctors at your local Medical Weight Loss Center about their typical results, and what you can expect. [Your results will likely improve if you are attentive to the nutrition and exercise goals of your plan.]
- I know I want to try Medical Weight Loss– how do I decide which program is right for me? Even if they do not choose our clinic, we want everyone who tries it to have a positive experience with Medical Weight Loss. To choose the right program, research your options and determine what they focus on, if it matches your goals, and if they are able to work with your budget.
- How do I get the most out of my Medical Weight Loss program? Following the advice of the medical professionals who are supervising your Medical Weight Loss program is the best way to maximize benefits. Practical examples of successful practices include: sticking to your recommended nutrition and exercise plan, being honest with weight loss doctors about your concerns or challenges, and being committed emotionally to making a lifestyle change.
We hope this starts you on a path to making the right choice for your Medical Weight Loss program! Have a specific question about our program? We’re available to address your concerns— and we’re eager to hear from you. Let’s talk today!