There are a lot of ways to lose weight, but if you need support, there are two primary avenues you can take: commercial or clinical. You already know about a lot of commercial weight loss programs (perhaps you’ve tried some), but can you benefit from working with a weight loss doctor?
According to a recent study, there may be better results for patients who work with a weight loss doctor than those who don’t. In the study, a well-known commercial weight loss program was compared to a clinical approach. There were two findings that we found most significant:
- People who worked with a weight loss doctor lost significantly more weight.
- It’s likely that part of the success of the program is the individualized nature of medical weight loss. Weight loss doctors tailored a program to each patient they worked with, rather than having a one-size-fits-all approach.
We pride ourselves on the same customized approach to our patients’ weight loss. We know that—while changing a diet is a part of many successful weight loss plans–there’s more to the story. Achieving your healthy weight loss goals involves a variety of factors:
- Knowledge of your (and your family’s) medical history
- An understanding of how those factors, symptoms, etc. may affect your weight, metabolism, and more
- A plan that takes your physical health goals (beyond weight loss) into account
Just like with your family physician, working with a weight loss doctor isn’t just about prescribing and taking medications. It’s a holistic approach with a lot of benefits for the right candidate. The patients we’ve seen have the most success with medical weight loss tend to:
- Be significantly overweight
- Be at risk for diabetes and other weight-related health issues
- Have had little success with traditional/commercial diet programs
We do whatever we can to help our patients be successful with weight loss, and we’re there to help every step of the way. But the journey to freedom begins with you. Contact us today to get started!